Thursday, April 29, 2010

About An Eight

I read just a few blogs in my spare time-- spare time = nap times when I am not napping myself or finishing up some paperwork for work.  Why does that paperwork never do itself?  Anyway, one blog that I really enjoy is Debra's.  Awhile back she challenged her blog readers to answer some questions about themselves.  And with no creepy messages, funny walks, or baby drama to report on-- I am taking her up on the challenge.  If you are reading this, and blogging along, too-- I hope you will post the questions for yourself and let me know.  (Feel free to post your answers in the comments if you don't have a blog!)

When do you feel happiest?

When the entire family is around the dinner table.  I love sharing a meal on the deck with Dave.  I love sitting down to family meal with my folks, my brothers family (or all of us, heaven-- which I took for granted for too long), with Dave's parents and his sisters and their families.  Even when there are NINE grandkids together under the age of six at the Rowe family dinners-- I love it.  Well, I am not used to the noise to be honest.  But I am learning to love it-- I love the sound of cousins talking and playing and being healthy, active kids.  I can't wait until Dekker is old enough to run around with my brothers kids and Dave's sister's kids.   I consider my small group family, too.  So I love sharing a meal with them, too.


How do you take care of yourself?

I eat.  hahahaha.  And I walk.  And they honestly cancel one another out, which means that I walk a lot and can't lose a gosh darn pound.  I also love to talk on the phone.  When I was a Freshman in college, I had 40 cell phone minutes a MONTH + free nights and weekends after 8PM.  I had them all gone on the 1st.  Honestly.  One time my dad called, rightfully upset about the outrageous cell phone bill, and I told him to add up all the "overage" minutes (not nights and weekends) that I was talking to Mom and then I would pay the difference. He never called back :)  I am also pretty self-aware when I need a break and I'm pretty good about asking for help.


Are you internally (by yourself) or externally (by others) motivated?

Externally.  And I wish I could find a little more internal motivation for a few things.

What do you do for fun?

I read blogs, like Becky's and Kara's.  I also love to read books about various topics-- some Beth Moore stuff, some ridiculous stuff, Readers Digest, on-line material, books about kid stuff like sleep and food.  I love to spend time with my friends.  I like to shop, travel, and go to yoga where I am expected to be quiet for an hour.  And I love, love, love to eat out-- like the incredible sushi happy hour that keeps me up way too late.

What intimidates you?

For the most part, I have been a friend/human/counselor long enough to know that most people who appear to have it all together really do not.  But sometimes I meet people and I am pretty sure they DO have it all together.  Those people intimidate me.  I am no where near their level of together-ness-- and I suddenly feel like I need to talk smarter and look thinner and recite scripture in every sentence or something to "fit in."

What is something you are proud of?

I have a Master's Degree in counseling.  I have a license to practice counseling in this state independently.  I have worked really hard for that.  I really stuck to it to finish the school and post-graduation hours and I'm so glad I didn't give up.  It was an 8 year process that I would do again in a heart beat.

This is what I do with that education most days:
(I wouldn't change that in a heart beat, either.)



Finish this sentence. I never _____________.

... regret quitting my (everyday) job so I could spend more time with my handsome son.



Favorite vacation spot.

I loved Jamaica.  It wasn't necessarily Jamaica that I loved (though I did!), but I loved waking up on an all inclusive beach and having the whole day to do nothing.  We're saving for a trip like that this winter...

Today is a (rate from 1 - 10)

After a week last week with no clients, today I had 5.  Four at the clinic and a nice Pre-marriage Education couple at the church.  It was a busy day, but it all got done (except the blasted paperwork).  And Dekker napped well (we're transitioning to one nap-- more on that LATER).  And I got home before this storm hit.  So I would say about an 8.

Finish this sentence. If you knew me really well you'd know _____________.

I hate, and rarely show to anyone, a certain part of my body (that is otherwise "socially acceptable" to show).

On the journey,

Stef

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for our date on Friday ;)

    http://ifthesewallsspoke.blogspot.com/2010/05/is-it-internally-or-externally-or-both.html

    ReplyDelete