In honor of Dave and my 5 year anniversary (today) I am making a list of 5 things I love about him. So here they are, in no particular order.
1. Your faith. I have quiet assurance that I can trust you to lead our home. You are a good leader. You make wise choices. You seek wise counsel, including the wisest counsel available. You hold my hand when you pray. You look at me out of the corner of your eye when you sing in church to see if I'm singing, too. I am. I am off key. But I am listening to your voice because hearing my man declare his love for our God is one of the most incredible experiences in my life. Week after week.
2. Your dimples. They were one of the first things I noticed about you when you strolled into the CSF Mexico Team Meeting, where I gave a demo on packing and you wore a leather jacket. Now, our son has your dimples. Sigh. My cup runs over.
3. Your level head. I love to talk about things with you. I love that we don't agree on everything, but we still listen to one another. Sometimes you say, "I see that point... but" and that makes me feel awesome. I look forward to long drives with you because we talk about the weirdest stuff. I am glad that you don't want to fly to camp this year. Being stuck in a car for 13 hours with you (one way) sounds awesome. When do we leave?
4. Your sense of humor. There is absolutely no one else that I would have rather gone through the last five-plus years with. No one else that I would want to see me balloon up with a baby, have the baby, and then go through those first several months with. I cried, oh Dave, I was depressed! You stood by me. You made me laugh when there was nothing to laugh about. You still do. I can not think of one day since I have known you that you have not made me laugh. Even when you are traveling, you send me funny texts or I think of a funny memory or you call me with something funny to say. Your funny-ness is even funnier because you know when and how to be serious. You are the best.
5. Your dreams. And that they include me.
On the journey,
PS. I maintained my WW weight this week-- bravo! I have 2.6 lbs to go before I reach my lifetime weight and get fake nails and that will happen this month. Mark my words (or nails)!