See, here we go. A week has flown by, so I'm thankful for Tori's Quick 5 today and a reminder to do mine!
1. We bought lots of alcohol on the cruise. I mean, not lots and lots, but some Rum and wine. And since we drink alcohol at a rate that the rum will still be here for our 10 year anniversary, I'm not sure what to do with it. There's really no place to store it for 5 years, and I don't want it anywhere where Dekker can "play" with it. So right now its on the counter which is exceptionally classy. We hid it for small group :) hahaha. Like they care.
2. Last Saturday night we took Dekker to the indoor play ground at Mahoney with our friends Jenny and Kirk and Max. It was a fun family night. It was neat to see Dekker play with other kids and enjoy himself, and to see him run and run until he broke a sweat. I know he hates being cooped up all winter like we all do. I still get surprised to see him "get it." It's hard for me to believe how big he is getting!
3. Every week I write a few goals down on a sticky note and put it on my calendar. Normal things like groceries and laundry don't get on the list-- it's the "other" stuff. This week I had a goal to clean out my mail basket, pick up some stuff at Hobby Lobby, call a friend and get coffee everyday. Hold your tongue on that last one. I know its expensive. And even sugar free, fat free adds up. But having pathetic goals including massive amounts of coffee was the only way I knew how to adjust back from vacation. And.... now it's Friday and I still have that mail basket left :)
4. This is a quilt square. When my Grandma Soden passed away each of her kids got a few quilt squares. So this one was passed on to me by my dad. I had it framed and I find it... beautiful. I doesn't have straight edges and I chose to have the mat behind it to show off the piece more-- and I think it turned out super. My grandma was an incredible cook, so I hung this in my kitchen with purpose. I already love looking at it, and remembering her sweet spirit. She was an incredible woman of faith-- a real encourager. Missing her today
5. I have been glued to CNN throughout the Egypt crisis and find today to be an incredible day! Also, I have been getting my contacts in and out with minimal break-downs. Okay, that's all for today.
On the journey,