I'm taking a cue from my friend, Tori, who recently started doing a "quick 5" on Fridays. Just five quick things... kinda like an update. I so enjoy reading them that I am going to give it a try today, and see if it sticks.
1. We just got home from a cruise to the Western Caribbean. It was absolutely gorgeous, fantastic weather, and I am certain what I will need every winter I can possibly afford it. I like cruises for several reasons, and I hope to share more of a "review and tips" in the future. I'd love to do a Southern Caribbean cruise someday. This one was technically to celebrate our 5 year anniversary, which we did in June 2010.
2. I can't believe how much I missed Dekker. What a sweetie. Though I also love hearing all the funny stories of his time with his Nana and Grandpa Soden and Grandma and Grandpa Rowe. We love sharing our joy with them, and I love that Dekker finds it totally normal to spend time with them-- even without us. I used to dread coming home from vacation, but he made it something I looked forward to.
3. I need a Weight Watcher meeting and a money tree after said vacation. Whoa.
4. Dekker is learning sign-language. Our daycare friend started him on it, and since then he has picked up on it really quickly. It's pretty fun and cute, though he wants "more" of almost every-single-thing.
5. I have been drinking the Arbonne chocolate protein shakes for breakfast with a little natural peanut butter and I think they are fantastic and I can't say enough how they actually keep me FULL through lunch. So much better than some cereals (which I love) that leave me hungry and snacking by 10AM. I need some good lunch inspiration. Anyone got a good idea out there?
On the journey,